Hurricane Preparedness Checklist
• Secure hanging hardware - Hoses & Nozzles
• Tighten any loose bolts on canopies, dispensers, dispenser doors, aboveground storage tanks (ASTs), etc. to ensure they are securely mounted.
• Check & inspect drain valves inside spill buckets.
Tighten all electrical caps on probe cables.
• Close all manual ball and or gate valves on fuel tanks.
• Depending on severity - Cut power to fuel island. If power is not cut, the resulting power surges often can cause serious problems to electrical components.
• If there is a power outage - Turn site breakers off so that equipment does not experience a surge if power comes back on (make sure you have battery backups and surge suppression).
• If you choose to use a generator system, be sure to use a licensed electrician.
Check Out Our Full Preparedness Checklist!
If you're in need of support, don't hesitate to contact us!
Being prepared for hurricane season matters! Hurricanes can quickly cause devastating damage to entire communities so being ready with the right parts is crucial to limit site downtime.